|Photo by Mikes Photos from Pexels|
Instead of using both the Predecessor and Successor tabs, I prefer the Relationships tab as it combines both these tabs into one and this saves me switching tabs if I want to see an activity's successors or predecessors.
My Relationships tab looks like the image below
- Activity ID: No explanation required for this field since as a unique identifier, this field is a must have
- Activity Name: I need this field so that I can have an indication of what each predecessor or successor activity is about
- Relationship Type: This field tells me the type of relationship each predecessor has with the selected activity and relationship between the selected activity with each successor (i.e. FS, FF, SS or SF)
- Driving: This field tells me (by way of a tick) if any of the predecessors is driving the start of the selected activity or if the selected activity is driving the start of any of its successor
- Lag: This field tells me if there is any Lag or Lead in the relationships between the selected activity and its predecessors & successors
- Start: This field tells me the actual start date for a predecessor if it has commenced or forecast start date if it is yet to commence
- Finish: This field tells me the actual finish date for a predecessor if it has been completed or forecast finish date if it is yet to be completed
As always, leave comments if you find this post useful.